Find out how to make this celebrity favourite work for you!
Lauren Childs, Katie Price, Michelle Keegan, Kim Kardashian... celebrities love thick, shiny, voluminous hair and so do we!
But what if you don't have the time or money to pay an army of hair stylists and colourists?
What if we told you that the secret to thick, healthy looking hair was far cheaper (and quicker to apply) than you think...?
What if we told you that that many celebs wear wigs too on occasions (we don't mean just Dolly Parton or bald male actors)...?
Get top tips from top fashion and beauty blogger 30somethingMel and learn how to wear a celebrity hairdo in minutes...
What are wigs and half-wigs?
The word 'wig' often puts people off, but a half-head wig (also known as a "half-wig") or a ¾ piece is by far our most popular temporary hair extension. Not only it's cheap but it looks so natural no-one will be able to tell you are wearing a piece, provided you selected the right colour (more on that later).
A half-head wig goes on a bit like a shower cap, but only covers the back half or 3/4 or your head. Applying a wig properly so it looks natural may sound complicated, but it really isn't.
Benefits of Dolled Up's Half-wigs
- Many styles to choose from, including wavy, curly, straight and bouncy blow-dry
- Available in over 20 colours so you should be able to find one that matches your own hair colour
- It doesn't matter if you don't get exactly the right colour match. You can either use a hair band to cover the join, or simply wear it a little further back on your head and blend in more of your own hair over the top.
- They're really quick and easy they are to maintain. Any woman knows that curling your own hair can take ages, and then you may sometimes find that 5 minutes after leaving the house half of your curls have fallen out. Sounds familiar...? With a curly half-head wig all the styling is done for you. You may decide to curl a little of your own hair at the front, or simply tuck all of your hair under the wig cap and quiff a little from the front of your own hair back to cover the join. What you'll get are curls that will last all night in just a few minutes!
Caring for your half-head wigs:
- As with all synthetic hair, curly extensions are harder to look after. For the longest product life, we recommend wearing straight and wavy ¾ pieces everyday and saving the curly ones for special occasions. ·
- Some people wear their half-head wig for only one night, but most report wearing it 6 – 8 times depending on the style and how well it's been cared for. ·
- If your wig happens to be not the exact colour match, or your hair is very fine, use a thick hair band to hide the join.
Give half-head (or 3/4 head) wigs a try, they're really inexpensive (£22.99 is much cheaper than going to the hairdresser's, that's for sure!) and you may very well fall in love with them! Why not browse the recommended products below this article for some inspiration...?
- Tags: 30 somethingMel, hair care, half head wig, how to wear a half wig, how to wear a wig, why wear a wig